For anyone confused by slicer settings & how each one affects your print --

For anyone confused by slicer settings & how each one affects your print – Pinshape’s got an introductory guide. If there is anything in particular you want to know about, let me know and I’ll include it in the next article https://blog.pinshape.com/3d-slicer-settings-5-things-you-need-to-know-about-3d-printing-software/

How about specific setting for specific slicers? I find Cura does not perform well for me, and I use Slic3r, But then again, I freely admit, I do not know a lot.

Interesting! Thanks for your input @Keith_Applegarth For the most part slicer settings shouldn’t vary too much based on the software you’re using but some will have different features than others though for sure which will affect the print. Cura is pretty basic so it doesn’t allow for as much control as Slic3r. We could do an infographic showing the different features/settings for each slicer software - would that be helpful?

Yes it would and equivalences as well… this setting is Cura is this setting in Slic3r…

Great! Thanks for the feedback. I’ll add it to the draft :slight_smile:

You should also mention, which slicer you used to write this article as the settings you reference to are not same or do not exist like this in other slicers. For example in Slic3r you can set how man perimeters should be printed. So your 0.8 shell thickness would translate to 2 or 3 perimeters depending on print width.

@Hakan_Evirgen that’s where I was going with my comment on equivalents…

Okay, makes sense Thank-you both for your feedback! Will keep that in mind for the next article @Hakan_Evirgen @Keith_Applegarth

one thing for the article about post processing PLA and ABS: THF is very poisonous and makes cancer - it should not be recommended to anybody if they do not how to expertly handle it.