Fixed the noise issues on Procerus and pushed the acceleration up to 22000 mm/s/s.

Fixed the noise issues on Procerus and pushed the acceleration up to 22000 mm/s/s. Speed is set to 833mm/s.

wow!

Wow. I need a smoothieboard. Great job.

Excited to see this one print.

So what do we think ultimate attainable print speeds are? I’d imaging overhangs would SUCK if filament was being flung too quickly…it’s obvious we can move a whole lot faster than we can print.

Is this 20x20 aluminum extrusion or 30x30?

@Oliver_Schonrock 1. Yes it’s the bearings. Just the sound they make at high speeds.
2. Yep, it’s slowing down very quickly.
3. Yeah, slow moves seem to be more noisy, haven’t delved into that yet.
Grub screws seem fine, there are 2 on these robot digg pulleys. 24 v series with on board drv8825s on the x5 mini.

@Paul_Sieradzki 20x20 from Misumi.

@Mike_Miller God knows but hopefully faster and more stable than ingentis style. May have to buy a e3d volcano.

I didn’t get a chance to watch this until now. It’s a ROCKET SLED!

@Oliver_Schonrock I’m still playing with speed settings on Procerus but there doesn’t appear to be any resonance for the large moves I’ve been doing so far, Tonight I’ll feed some actual gcode with dense infill into it so see how it behaves then. It’s clear the dual steppers are performing better than a single stepper, otherwise 20000mm/s/s acceleration would cause all kinds of lost steps and general havoc. I still suspect that I’ll dial it back to at most 9000mm/s/s for the purposes of avoiding too much deflection and vibration in the hot end and carriage. @Brook_Drumm also tells me he’s used twinned steppers for some of his projects and I’m sure if there were problems with that set-up he’s have found them by now.