(First time caller - long time listener.) Have you guys already heard about 3D

(First time caller - long time listener.)

Have you guys already heard about 3D Systems Debuts New CubeX 3-D Printer?
http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/3D+Systems+(DDD)+Debuts+New+CubeX+3-D+Printer/7990002.html

Yep, I posted an Engadget article about it earlier today.

Damn it!

It is two years old 3Dtouch printer by Bits from Bytes which were acquired few yrs ago :wink: next year they will make it pink as they’ve done with rapchick and call it new again :slight_smile:

I’m not an expert just and an investor but I thought that 3D Systems angle was more about keeping the costs down to make them assessable to more people. Or course there are plenty more 3D printers but how do the two compare mono e momo?

Which two?

I don’t think I read your post correctly. You said it’s two years old - were you not comparing it with a 3Dtouch printer?
I’m making the assumption that 3D Systems won’t be tripling the price of the new Cube.

I was. Same thing with locked proprietary cartridges. Multicolor is hype, BFB had multi head for years, reprap can do dual head for ages, same makerbot. How many multicolor prints youve seen? Very little, because making multicolor files is very complex and hard, they didnt solve this, so its marketing bullshit. You cant print ABS without heatedbed so you are stuck with PLA which melts under the sun. You cant even do mixed material prints. So yeah, awesome purchase :wink:

@M_Macmillan 3DSystems took their Cube design from this chinese company http://www.pp3dp.com/ They keep buying up companies left and right. They are sueing a kickstarter. They are a dinosaur.

Btw funny note, they wont allow you to share reprap designs on their cube site for others to print :smiley:

Josef. PLA is much better suited for the home.

Its easier, thats true but ABS is much better mechanically :slight_smile: I do also think that they shouldn’t say they can print ABS if they cant print the showpiece Basketball in ABS for example :slight_smile:

ABS is just not going to be practical in the home until something is done about the fumes.

Well a couple of things.
“PLA which melts under the sun.” - Sure about that?
Also, (and forgive the non-user as I mentioned before) is it not more beneficial to have a multicolour printer for those artists, wanting to print say a red mug, blue mug, yellow mug without having to change the material?

I developed odorless ABS over a year ago :slight_smile: you don’t follow the news, do you?
And I have nozzle capable of extruding PLA, ABS, Polycarbonate, special tin alloy and probably can extrude nylon and PEEK. This one is very soon to be released and sold. Also is guaranteed food safe :slight_smile: Check http://prusanozzle.org

“I do also think that they shouldn’t say they can print ABS if they cant print the showpiece Basketball in ABS for example”

Come on, you know they are talking about the basketballs size. Hell, they can’t print a basketball that bounces either,

Few of my friends left their printers made out of pla outside or in car on the sun, rendering the printers non functional. 50’C can be enough.

The analogy you made is like having new power tool for each drill size so you dont have to swap them :slight_smile:

Precisely, they cant print basketball size things out of ABS :slight_smile:

What I wanted to say was, just don’t trust marketing blindly :slight_smile:

Well, they don’t just show a basketball they say “Professional Printability – CubeX can print as big as a basketball with 1,070 cubic inches of space, or 10.8” x 10.45" x 9.5".