First prototype printed for the RRD Full Graphic LCD Controller and the Rumba board.

First prototype printed for the RRD Full Graphic LCD Controller and the Rumba board. Found some things to optimize yet!

Watching closely. I am either going rumba with graphical LCD… Or new azteeg once it gets announced. Look forward to your optimizations.

No! Do not buy a RUMBA. I am 3 for 3 wrt to RUMBAs I own that have faults. I’ve been meaning to post about it but life etc.

@Tim_Rastall thanks. Last thing I want is electrical issues. What would you get?

Hmmm. Probably the azteeg but @ThantiK has reported issues with those. If I only wanted 1-2 extruders, the smoothies or Reprap pro duets are very enticing, 32bit means much faster motion.

FWIW the main reason I went Rumba on this project is I have a spare sitting on my workbench. :stuck_out_tongue: If I had to buy a board, I’d either go Azteeg or RAMBo. Both are solid boards: Deezmaker and Steve Graber use the Azteegs in their builds and @seemecnc uses RAMBos for all their Rostock MAX’s and Orions. Johnny @ Ultimachine really does a great job at support and I can’t recommend the RAMBo’s enough.

@Tim_Rastall For more extruders with the Duet, does the Duex4 expansion board make sense? Starts to get a little pricey maybe. It will be interesting to see what Azteeg comes up with.