First print with ares

First print with ares. What causes this?

Did it go through the autoleveling process? What temperature are you printing at? And, have you tried using a bed adhesion promotor like glue stick?

It went through auto leveling and I used a fixative on the bed. I used a the temp preset for pla which I believe was 200. The first layer went down well. Honestly I believe it might have to do with temp since it seems the layers are not sticking to each other, but I am unsure. I wanted to get confirmation from some one with more experience with the ares before messing with settings.

Ares’ recommended temperature is 205ºC first layer, 195ºC the rest. This works fine for me. I have also tried 190ºC in test pieces. I’m not experienced in diagnosis. Could you explain what is the problem that you see?

I would start troubleshooting with a less organic shape. Maybe a simple box 3cm cubed. Maybe this will show layer problems. Or is your problem with just this file. It could be retraction settings, correct filament diameter, speed… All can contribute to bad products. Measure your filament and enter true diameter. Lower your retraction/prime setting and print a little slower. I use 207 to 210 for my prints. I have to admit it has been a while since I have used this printer.

Pla is a pretty forgiving material to print. Work on your settings. If you don’t mind me asking, what slicer are you using? Someone might be able to donate a working profile for you.

Ok, I feel kind of stupid. Turns out the filament I was using was abs not pla. I changed the temp and that fixed it. Again thanks for the help.

@Warriorie You are able to print ABS from this head? Amazing! That’s outside Easy Arts’ specs. Make sure you have good ventilation.

Interesting, no wonder there was some serious warping going on. Glad to
see you figured it out. Happy printing :slight_smile: