First print in the books. Everything was going so well until the end there...

First print in the books. Everything was going so well until the end there… not exactly sure what caused the shift as I was not immediately in the area at the time. Will have to check out why. Other than that, I’m really impressed with how nice of a print I’m getting on my first attempt!

Thanks to everyone here who has asked questions and also those who have helped answer mine. Special thanks to @Eclsnowman and @Dennis_P for their generous help with printed parts when my initial parts were cracking and failing on me.

Looking forward to continued improvements and tweaking!

Have you run a break in gcode script yet? It might just be binding a little.

@SirGeekALot yes quite a few times before attempting pushing plastic. I thought perhaps that was it as well, but I’m seeing it with the benchy I’m currently printing, but not hearing any noises from binding.

Are any of the stepper motors getting hot?

@SirGeekALot nope, they’re just warm. Driver chips are a little hot, but not too bad and are pretty open to air right now. I have noticed that all my shifting is relegated to the X axis, so that kinda helps! I went back and ensured all pulleys are tightened up. Trying to decide what is next, I’ve got a little binding in both axes when pushing my carriage around which is a big disappointing since I thought I was done with all of that. Might need to run around and adjust the bottom two rods again :frowning:

look like one motor have skipped step