First impression of that Faberdashery 3mm PLA: + More accurate then my old one.

I’m waiting for a Makibox HT. Will try blue painters tape on that one. (Before I convert it to a conveyor belt too. :wink: )

With 55 at the bed, the thin belt above it is only slightly above body temperture due to the strong fan. Trying 65°C…

65°C bed =>32°C belt
76°C bed =>36°C away from th fan, 32°C in the fan, nothing sticks

now 55 and blocking the fan…

Doesn’t work out. The fan is way too strong.

The biggest thing is that your PLA gets cooled off quickly. Even if it’s a light breeze, if you can keep 55c at the bed, and get the PLA cooled down before the extruder comes back around, you should be good. You may end up needing some sort of small fan shroud that directs cool air to the freshly printed PLA, but nowhere else.

I disabled the fan and am trying 55 without fan,
Will look for a smaller fan next week.

Yeah, my strong fan recommendation was without the realization of how weak your heater is. I’m so used to my crazy overpowered bed heater I didn’t take into account that not everyone has that setup. – completely my fault. :frowning:

Heating for 75°C with no fan gives me an actutal belt-temperature (infrared) of 40-45°C rising to 52°C in the center during the first layer. PLA sticks.
Trying to print…

One edge is rolling up slightly. May be due to poor adhesion instead of real warping.

There is too much insulatiion between bed and belt. The actual belt is hardly getting above 45°C on average. Will go with bed=100°C to see if that is a good compromise to fix first layer adhesion.

bed=100°C=>belt=47-44.9°C
then stabilizing at 54-57°C. Looks okay.

I guess I’ve found my settings. Nearly no warping despite nearly all of the build surface filled with 3 solid layers of plastic.