At long last, I have completed my first ever frame. Mistakes were made and I had to work around those but I am pleased with the final product for a first attempt.
Red oak from Lowes with splines made from an unknown hardwood shelf left my former owner of my house. Splines and frame wood are almost indistinguishable from each other. I used my table saw, cross cut sled, spine job, and picture frame jig (essentially a miter jig) to complete the project. BLO for the finish.
Managed to slice my left index finger at the second joint when cutting the window glass. I have been a stained glass artist since high school and forgot how fragile standard window glass is. No biggie. Just a bit of a blood smudge in the bottom of the poster.
Bonus picture of upgraded clamp selection (up from just two HF bar clamps to this).