First documentation to my new hotend is finished, Sorry, german only at this point.

First documentation to my new hotend is finished, Sorry, german only at this point.
http://goo.gl/41i77

The problem you’ll run into with this design, and has been experienced with the budaschnozzles, is that eventually the PEEK wears out from being externally threaded like that and snaps. I’m interested in how fast you can get it to extrude reliably though.

I’ve printed a couple of 100g material so far and haven’t seen any detoriation yet. Even a blocked nozzle that destroid the PEEK did leave the PTFE intact. Speed is not much of a concern for me currently, bridges are.

wow… 10 Pfennig.
Haven’t seen those in years

On the german RepRap Forum there is some critique regarding the material strength of the PEEK cylinder. The problem mentioned would be that over time the brass nozzle would work itself loose. So far i have no indication of this. Any ideas? Is it maybe worth to stabilize the hotend by screwing an M10 nut over the part where the nozzle sits?

There’s no reason it should ever work itself out as long as you use teflon tape in order to secure it and ensure it’s a tight fit.

Nearly 1kg of ABS printed, no problems at all so far. I think i call this design finished.