First attempt at a Lasered Tap Handle to go on my friends keg (we

First attempt at a Lasered Tap Handle to go on my friends keg (we brew together). This was done with Inkscape (SVG) -> Bitmap -> Laserweb 3 -> Banggood 2.5W A3 Engraver. I used BMP here for a Raster+Vector (had to mess with the vector offset to get it close) because the SVG had tons of extra lines in it that would have taken hours to clean up. Clearly I need to dial in my laser width (used 0.25 mm here…maybe 0.2 would have been best). Still happy with the results.

1/4" “Curly” Poplar for the engraved portion. A chunk of Meranti I had laying on the floor for the handle with an appropriate brass insert (I use these: http://amzn.to/2eiUOlW I have a somewhat comical method of inserting them which seems to work 100% of the time).

Observations motion was a little “jerky” when it sped-up and slowed down over the blank sections. This was true using LW or USGS to send it. This could have cleaned up if I had my travel set to the engrave speed - but it would have taken longer to engrave. This is where some constant velocity improvements that others have been working on would be awesome.

Nice first attempt.