Finished my Prusa Mendel, wiring is correct,  all motors humming, centering homing correctly,

Finished my Prusa Mendel, wiring is correct, all motors humming, centering homing correctly, heating is heating, bed and all (which I screwed up on my Huxley build), and I get ready to commission and notice one small Murphy’s Law snag… the fan …it lights up, but doesn’t spin. Isn’t that just Life? Patiently awaiting the replacement so I can take it apart and try again. Print On!

Was it a kit build or did you source all the parts yourself?

What extruder is that?

Looks like a reprappro kit. I had an issue with the fan as well, ended up running it on a separate power source( wall wart) and use the fan output on the board to control a 40mm cooling fan.

Yes, its a reprap pro kit, same as my first Huxley. I’m not smart enough to source all this myself :wink: I’m happy with the product on both, just this disappointing fan issue (and the documentation’s unnecessary sloppiness in some areas).
Thanks Joe for the tip on the power …will try that.

Hi @Thomas_Sanford , the “cover” on your power supply with the IEC socket - did you make it or buy it?

@John_Chan_Madox It came with the kit, it is one of the printed parts supplied. Seems like this might get you a print https://github.com/reprappro/Mendel/blob/master/Print-mendel/Individual-STLs/ps-cover-1off.stl