Finished 3D-printing all of the printed parts for a Prusa Mendel today.

Finished 3D-printing all of the printed parts for a Prusa Mendel today. I *think * I’m ready to purchase vitamins! Most parts are in white ABS, but I printed a Quick Fit X Carriage in “Helsinki Blue” and a Greg’s Wade extruder in “Safety Orange”. Should be a fun motif to keep going with :slight_smile:

Looking good. Will you be posting more pictures as you build?

Most definitely! I think I may have a documentation fetish, lol. You can find links to my Flickr photostream and personal blog through my G+ profile.

The biggest problem I have with the quick-fit carriage is the amount of X travel you lose with it.

That’s true, but just extend a little your X axis: http://paclema.blogspot.com.es

@ThantiK - good point, I hadn’t thought of that before. About how much usable bed space do you think I’ll have?

@Fernando_Salceda - good idea, but I didn’t see any info on that site about how to do it. Seems pretty straightforward, though, just lengthen the threaded rods and buy longer belts?

@Jason_Webb you’ll have plenty of usable bed space, I just tend to be a min/maxer.

Just extend the x axis rods, smoth x carriage and threaded rods of the main frame what you consider necesary to the hotend reach all platform edges :smiley:

Make X about 80mm bigger, and you should also be able to sit the hot-end off the side of the heated bed, makes it easier to purge and clean the nozzle when it’s parked waiting to start a print.

I, too, use Blue and Orange, but that’s because I’m a Chicago Bears fan.