Finally!

After many life changes, from when I decided I wanted to build a Herculien, the time is finally here. I have bought and sold two houses. I have divorced and been single and am now remarried. I have changed and added jobs and titles, moved many states away from where and when I decided I wanted a ginormous scale printer. I have added and thrown away complete hobbies… So now, after literal YEARS of floundering and wishing, I am now, at last, beginning my build of the Herculien.

So, I guess um, stay tuned?

6 Likes

Great to see it moving along. Don’t want to rush these things :slight_smile:

Joking aside, I am happy to see another printer begin its life. Let me know of anything I can do to help. It’s been a long time since I updated the project. So if you make any changes that seem important, or once you get configurations setup based on modern firmware, I would love to push them to the github.

4 Likes

Holy schnikeys but this thing is big.
It’s taking me awhile, because life, but I am making progress. This frame is solidly designed and I’m excited about the quality that’ll impart to my prints. I hope to mod in the future, but I’m finally building a stock Herculien. Solid platform, Eric.

3 Likes

Yeah, I made a post back in the day on G+ to show the size. Most people didn’t comprehend the scale without a comparison:

3 Likes

holy moly! lol.

That did help put things into perspective.

4 Likes

Indeed!:

6 Likes