Finally got first light off of the due’s hardware SPI support.

Finally got first light off of the due’s hardware SPI support. Took longer than I was expecting to, mostly because of some stupid mistakes I made early on. Will push a code update, soon. (Looking like we might push the STM-32 support off to 2.2, but I suspect most people will be happy with the why when we get the first preview releases of 2.1 up)

Might it include a fix for this: https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/issues/27

That one is for @Mark_Kriegsman to answer - I believe some part of that issue had to do with the HSV conversion process, most of the stuff that i’ve been working on lately has been lower level, pushing RGB data out the door, type stuff.

Well. There is a loss of precision bug in the HSV code that will be fixed, and there are some brightness-management code changes that will help in many cases. So: it will be better… but perhaps not perfect. We’re shooting for “the best of all possible worlds”, acknowledging that there are some basic limitations of the hardware etc.

That said, I’ve been staring at dim yellow pixels a lot these last two weeks, and they seem to look better than they did.

I’m happy with ‘As Good as It Gets’ … it doesn’t have to be ‘Perfect’.