Finally got a BeagleBoneBlack set up next to my ShapeOko and installed the prebuilt

Finally got a BeagleBoneBlack set up next to my ShapeOko and installed the prebuilt SPJS (yaay! one less hoop to jump through). I think the developers of ARM-based SoC Linux systems try to make their configuration as non-intuitive as possible. However, I digress.

I was hoping I could connect to the same server twice (once in a GRBL fiddle and once in a serial fiddle) and connect to two different ports. But no, looks like there is a one-to-one mapping between serial ports and TCP ports. If I wanted to connect to another serial port on the BBB I’ll have to run another SPJS at a different port, right?

Yeah, this wasn’t the intention, but it is how it’s implemented right now. It would probably make better sense to allow the primary device to be different in different windows. One lame workaround right now to use one SPJS is to just use Firefox as the other tab. You can, however, launch a 2nd SPJS on an alternate port if you want to isolate. You can also pass -regex to that SPJS if you want the list of ports filtered.