FastLED 3.1, Arduino IDE 1.0.6, Arduino MEGA2560, and NEOPIXELS are yielding an error.

Thanks for the help and the quick update. I didn’t quite understand what I was seeing at first. The older versions aren’t hosted on Github or I can’t find the links…

You all know this already, but just confirming updating to the latest FastLED3.1 branch as of today fixed my black-coming-out-green problem too (WS2812B LEDs running of a Yun, Arduino 1.5.8.)

I’m still having the “black as green” issue. Using a TM1803 30 LED strip.

All colors appear to be working ok, except black. For example, if I try:

leds[1] = CRGB(255,0,0);

then only the red LED is lit. If I try:

leds[1] = CRGB(0,0,255);

then only the blue is lit. However:

leds[1] = CRGB(0,0,0); results in the green LED being lit very faintly.

Thoughts?

To add one more oddity to the mix, the first segment of LEDs works fine, meaning all pixels are off and true “black”.

@Jason_Turcotte - to be able to help you I need way more information than you’ve given including: what version of the library are you using, what version of arduino are you using (and on what OS) and what hardware are you building for?

(If there is one positive thing out of radio shack going bankrupt, it is that, hopefully, the TM1803 will fade from existence, it’s a shitty led chipset)

Conversation continues at https://plus.google.com/+JasonTurcotte/posts/B4L2xsE4R5x I believe.