Fabool CO2 Firmware Compatibility?

I’m getting “no supported firmware” on my Fabool Laser CO2.

All I know for sure is that it’s GRBL-based (not sure which version), with STM32F205 microcomputer and MCP4461 digital pot. (https://hackaday.io/project/161666-open-source-co2-laser-cutter)

Problem is, I’m not sure how to (or if I can) flash a different firmware to the board to be compatible with something besides their provided, and pretty bare-bones, software. Given that the whole Fabool project is open source, I had mistakenly expected it to play nicely with more software out of the box, but so far neither LaserWeb nor LightBurn seem to be able to use it.

Please let me know if anybody out there has experience with this particular cutter!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

A very quick look at their specs make it look like you are tied to their software. They use an all in one controller board that looks to be custom. The only way you wold be able to use third party software would be to install another controller card ie C3D smoothie board ect.

It uses an STM32 based controller. You may have luck choosing Grbl-STM in the devices setup in LightBurn. But no guarrantees they are running Grbl-STM.

Ah well, thanks for your time! I couldn’t get any of the GRBL modes in LightBurn to use it either, so I guess I’ll start shopping around for a new controller.

1 Like