FabCreator Bonne Wilce QQ:

support
general
gplus
(Cesco Aiel) #1

@FabCreator @Bonne Wilce
QQ: How much is the Z sensor offzet compared to the nozzle?

(I want to include in my ‘autofocus’ macro a G0 xy command before and after the focus, so I can align the nozzle (and later on perhaps the laserpointer) and then the head moves the correct distances to get the Z-sensor to that spot, and back again!)

(Bonne Wilce) #2

Depends on the distance you screws it in. Ours the offset is 2.5
It should be around 2,5 to 3.5mm

(Cesco Aiel) #3

No, I mean in X and Y direction… ie how much to the left and to the back is the sensor compared to the nozzle center point?

(Bonne Wilce) #4

O i see. Not sure off the top of my head. If you go open the fusion 360 model you should be able to measure it. ( Currently out the office)

(Cesco Aiel) #5

Ok… will do! I hoped you might’ve just known, because you used specific measurements or something
:wink:

(Bonne Wilce) #6

Haha, i might with other measurements but sadly not for that one :slight_smile:

(Cesco Aiel) #7

Just to store it somewhere so I don’t lose or forget:
DeltaX = ~ 11.0mm
DeltaY = ~ 13.5 mm
DeltaZ = ~ 0.0mm

(Cesco Aiel) #8

So this should do it then:
G91 ;Relative positioning
G0 X11 Y-13.5 ;Move 11mm right and 13.5 mm forward
G28.2Z ;Home Z
G0 X-11 Y13.5 ;Move 11mm left and 13.5 mm backward
G90 ;Absolute positioning

(Bonne Wilce) #9

Cool idea let me know if it works

(Cesco Aiel) #10

Works! Just tested it! It nicely moved the head so the sensor ended up where the nozzle was, moved up for the Z-homing and moved back…
(So, the rest of the community: feel free to copy this macro for more precise autofocus!)

(DIGITALLI NL) #11

Cool, Well done!

(Cesco Aiel) #12

Hahaha… Now you know what to put in the autofocus macro once yours is done!.. How far along are you?

(DIGITALLI NL) #13

Yes, indeed. When mine are done!.
At this point, i need to fix the tube with tape, cabling the tube and install the pipo. Than adjusting… So not so far as i wanted yet.