Even if I don't get it or it just doesn't not work,

@Sonex128 looks like we’re both doing Smoothie upgrades to it? :slight_smile:

What is smoothie-upgrade? Using smoother stepper drivers?
Do you have links for upgrade informations?

Smoothie is a 32 bit controller. There is smoothieboard and then Cohesion3D boards which I make.
Smoothieware.com
Cohesion3D.com

Sounds interesting. What’s the secret of those boards? Is is a smoother and silent stepperdriver? Or better interpolation? Or the firmware?
I’m notsure if I’m going to make an update to such a cheap machine (if it arrives…). But maybe that’s interesting for my diy 3d printer.

32 bit. Smoother motion step generation
On the smoothieboard they are also using 1/32 microstepping on the drivers which makes it quieter.
On my board you can use Trinamic stepsticks which will interpolate to 256x Microsteps - silent!

Afaik TMC2100 is based on 1/256 microstepping. So the cohesion is based on it?
But I cannot see any advantage of 32bit, but of processor speed.

Cohesion has sockets so you can put in any stepstick driver you want. I am a fan of the 2100.

Cohesion runs smoothie firmware and is 32 bit, as I said this gets you smother motion performance in general - it calculates steps faster and better. Better arcs and especially evident when going faster and on deltas.

The trinamics just make it silent.

Well, that makes sense, thanks!

Ok, I ordered one of these things. $27 shipped. Now to see how long it lasts.

And I got 2 more for 49.20 in total. @Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty

@raykholo ​​ stop It!!! I need to get me some more

Probably canceling the original order tho since that was more expensive. 2 is enough.

How did you pass the device / account verification on code usage? Or opened another account?

New account and different device.

There’s already a Facebook group for this thing as of this morning. Someone just suggested using a peltier module as a heatbed. Lol. That’s how small the bed on this thing is.

I have an old PB LC 2 heatbed I can use for mine. Would probably have to power and control it separately though unless I replace the board…

Yes, separate power for sure and a better control board can’t hurt.

I bought one to :slight_smile: Hmmm I’ve got a spare peltier module that might be perfect for this.

I’m thinking this.
Look what I found on AliExpress

There is also the openbuilds one: http://openbuildspartstore.com/mini-heated-bed/

This is Peter’s original design. However, it seems that the Aliexpress link is an aluminum pcb while I’m not sure if the genuine one has an aluminum side or is just plain pcb. +Peter van der Walt thoughts?