Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking here for some time researching the Eustathios when I learned about it through my search for a printer to build. I knew I wanted to tackle a ground up build but also understood that I couldn’t do it alone. Voron was my initial pick since it appeared up to date and their documentation was really nice. But after looking into the Eustathios more and making some inquiries, I decided to run with Eustathios. I’m not saying one is better than the other but what caught my attention was the simple design and what appeared to be a very supportive group. I’m glad I did because Eric was extremely helpful going above and beyond. So shout out to Eric for getting me rolling!
Once Eric published the BOM for V2.5, I hit the ground running and ordered everything I needed. With 90% of the materials in my possession I began my build. I took some inspiration from Walter’s Eustathios and went with silver extrusion rather than black. This is the first time I ever handled aluminum extrusions so I was quite intrigued with what you could do with it.
I opted for the Misumi T slot nuts which have dimples on them so I didn’t want to tightened them up to much and risk putting a depression on the extrusions.
I got as far as loosely constructing the frame. Next steps are to square it up and tighten the bolts. I’m open to tips or suggestions on the best way to square it up if anyone has any!