Esta es mi Caja de Elena / This is my Elena Box

Caja de Elena 01 - YouTube
Caja de Elena 02 - YouTube
Caja de Elena 03 - YouTube
Estoy acabando de hacer el diseño de la que será la caja para los humos de mi laser Neje max. Le he puesto de nombre Caja de Elena. Quiero hacer una iluminación de la caja activa, es decir que los eventos y las alarmas emitidas por el laser, por ejemplo, que sale delos márgenes…etc se conviertan ha luces de colores de manera que la caja tenga un lenguaje de lo que ocurre enriquecido y con una simple mirada ya sepamos lo que ocurre dentro de la caja.
El gran problema que tengo es que para hacer esto me hacen falta conocimientos y habilidades que no tengo y es por eso que busco la colaboración de alguien que los tenga.
Lo que pretendo es hacer un lectura de gcode emitido por el programa de control laser que pasa por el usb y a partir de esta lectura acoplarle un programa de control de iluminación para dar salida a los diferentes eventos.
¿Alguien se apunta? Yo publicare todos los archivos del trabajo, por si puede ayudar a alguien…

I am finishing the design of what will be the smoke box for my Neje max laser. I have named it Elena’s Box. I want to light the box active, that is to say, that the events and alarms emitted by the laser, for example, coming out of the margins… etc. are converted to colored lights so that the box has a language of what it happens enriched and with a simple look we already know what happens inside the box.
The big problem I have is that to do this I need knowledge and skills that I don’t have and that is why I seek the collaboration of someone who does.
What I want is to read the gcode emitted by the laser control program that goes through the usb and from this reading connect a lighting control program to output the different events.
Will someone sign up? I will post all the work files, in case it can help someone…

Here’s my take on that.

I doubt you can “intercept” the GCode from Lightburn (I’ve assumed that’s your control software from the video) in real time.

You will probably need to output the GCODE from Lightburn, parse it to add custom commands, then send it to the cutter.

What control board are you going to use? Does it have spare IO? Will it be GRBL?

It’s probably easier to sense control lines than to interpose an extra gocde parser. E.g. one line will turn on a laser, and you could connect that wire to a small microcontroller as an input and have a very simple sketch to act on the values of those inputs to control LEDs.

1 Like