ESP8266 Control, now with SLIDER ! Webserver or Access Point version ! Had to

hi, im on a mac, and im confused by the Installation instructions:

install Sming [on the mac, through terminal?]

put FastLED into

${SMING_HOME}/Sming/Libraries [how?]

goto ${SMING_HOME} and do a ‘make all’ to build the Sming libraries [i guess this would follow the last!]

thanks!

@Kelvin_Mead use Arduino

erm, ok. i guess you mean, use the arduino ide…

im not sure how 2 libraries operate in the same folder, i dont know how to select which library i want to use… sooo… i moved the fasted3 library out of my libraries and leaving just the esp8266-fastled library, and i end up with a tonne of errors, all relating to the fastled section;

In file included from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/Projects/esp8266fastled/esp8266fastled.ino:65:0:
/Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED-ESP8266/FastLED.h:12:17: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.000
#pragma message “FastLED version 3.001.000”
^
/Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/Projects/esp8266fastled/esp8266fastled.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
esp8266fastled:76: error: ‘WS2811’ was not declared in this scope
#define LED_TYPE WS2811
^
(and 10 more pages)

finalising on;
^
exit status 1
‘WS2811’ was not declared in this scope

I don’t use Mac (for a reason) but your sketch cannot find the FastLED library.
Have you tried the Arduino IDE for OS X? http://arduino.cc/download.php?f=/arduino-1.6.4-macosx.zip

yeah, thats what i’m using.

the esp8266-fastled is a branch of the original fastled with the extra little bits to cooperate with the esp8266 yeah?

if i have both the fastled library and the esp8266-fastled library in the libraries folder then the ide CHOOSES the fastled option. :-/

In file included from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED3.0/controller.h:4:0,
from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED3.0/FastLED.h:27,
from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/Projects/esp8266fastled/esp8266fastled.ino:65:
/Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED3.0/led_sysdefs.h:38:2: error: #error Arduion versions 1.5.7 and later not yet supported by FastLED for AVR
#error Arduion versions 1.5.7 and later not yet supported by FastLED for AVR
^
Multiple libraries were found for “FastLED.h”
Used: /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED3.0
Not used: /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED-ESP8266
exit status 1
Error compiling.

I haven’t used the esp8266-fastled library. I’m using just the latest FastLED lib.
But I loaded http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json with the board manager (for ESP8266WiFi.h)
as described in my sketch.
Multiple libraries were found for “FastLED.h” : Maybe you should clean out your PC Arduino Installation completely and set it up new
Don’t forget the \AppData\Roaming\Arduino 15 folder!
I had to do it today on another PC because I got a strange compiler error with my sketch that is working fine on my home PC.

hey, ok, so after a reinstall of fastled, and a reinstall of the espwifi… i can now compile and almost upload… here’s my new error.

Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/Projects/sketch_feb23a/sketch_feb23a.ino:45:0:
/Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED-master/FastLED.h:12:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.001.001 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3.001.001 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)
^
In file included from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED-master/FastLED.h:57:0,
from /Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/Projects/sketch_feb23a/sketch_feb23a.ino:45:
/Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/libraries/FastLED-master/fastspi.h:108:2: warning: #warning “No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output” [-Wcpp]
#warning “No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output”
^
/Users/kelvinmead2/Dropbox/Arduino/Projects/sketch_feb23a/sketch_feb23a.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:
sketch_feb23a:134: error: ‘webserver’ was not declared in this scope
webserver();
^
this may be due to me using an esp8266-01?

I moved all my functions up before loop() to get them " in scope"

@Kelvin_Mead depends on what Arduino you are using. I use 1.6.4. From 1.6.6 the compiler was changed to require functions declared before the loop (or just mention every function that is below the loop with void function1(); etc. As I have hundreds of sketches from other projects I dread to revisit each one of them.
I hope that this will be changed back with 1.6.8.
@Robert_Wozniak had the sketch re-arranged for 1.6.7, maybe he can share his code with you.

@Stephen_Skutel wow, is that what that means… That seems so petty!

@Juergen_Bruegl appreciated, thanks

hi iam having trouble uploading this iam using a wemos D1 mini and get the error ‘webserver’ was not declared in this scope any help would be great new to wifi control thanks

@dave_windsor wemos D1 mini was reported to work. Did you install http://arduino.esp8266.com/package_esp8266com_index.json in the Arduino IDE settings?
Did you activate it in Boards Manager ? Are you using Arduino 1.6.4 (NOT higher) ?
You need exactly this ESP8266WiFi.h

@Juergen_Bruegl Iam using Arduino 1.6.7 and i have installed the http://esp8266.com package and i have ESP8266WiFi.h installed do i just copy all the code and upload it thanks for all your help

with 1.6.7 you have to rearrange the code and call all functions before the loop - see previous comments. THEN it will find the WebServer

@Juergen_Bruegl Hey Gyro Gearloose, put on your thinking cap: If I mention your name in a video that I’m making, would you like to be called Jeurgen Bruegl or Gyro Gearloose?

@Juergen_Bruegl hi thanks got it working now is their any plans on more effects thanks

@Juergen_Bruegl The rearranged code for Arduino 1.6.7 can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1FtmI2UU0R2Tjl5eU5CYjRKdXc&usp=sharing

@Garrett_Durland depends on who the targeted audience is: More official use Juergen Bruegl, for your buddies use Gyro Gearloose; if you don’t know ‘aka’ is an option. Looking forward to the video!