Engraving grayscale images

Hi
I’d like to engrave grey scale images on acrylic or wood (plywood) but the software I use only addresses black and white images.
Are there some good tutorials / recipes / software that I could use to learn to do that?
The software should be compatible with my laser machine (shown here)

Thanks for your help

LightBurn would work with your laser and can do greyscale as well as dithered images. You can download a 30 day fully functional free trial at https://lightburnsoftware.com

1 Like

Thanks
Do you have by chance any example of a greyscale image engraved on acrylic?

Grayscale on acrylic here

1 Like

Thanks, but is this achievable with the machine I have?
I used an Epilog machine before, and the greyscale engraving was easy. But the controller is different from the one I have. Hence the question.

Looks like a Ruida controller? As @funinthefalls points out, you can get a 30 day fully functional free trial to lightburn and find out. Note that the Ruida support in lightburn requires the $80 DSP license.

Thanks Michael, can you explain this?

OK, I saw it on their website. Is this a one time fee?

Also on their web site: :slight_smile:

Does the license expire? The license key has an expiry date - a year from when you first activate it. When it expires, it’s still valid, you just don’t get updates any more. If you download a version of the software released after your license expires, it won’t work.

How much is it to renew? If you choose to renew your license to receive another year of software updates, the price is $30. Renewing your license will add a year of updates from today. If you renew before your license expires, we’ll add an extra two months.

1 Like