Emulating a pc as keyboard/mouse for another

Hi,
I try to do some strange things. I want to control an PC with another PC.
So as I move the mouse on an application on PC1 the mouse is moving on PC2.
That’s what e.g. Microsoft Remote Desktop, VNC,… does.

The difference is that I want to control it via USB. PC2 should recognize the USB as Keyboard/Mouse input.

How can I achieve that. Is it possible to emulate an USB-Port as Input device just via software?

Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Not clear how this relates to the purpose of Maker Forums?

I think it is blank despair. Cause nobody else could help me.

The answer is “no” you can’t just do this with software. That’s why nobody else could help you. But really this isn’t the place…

Actually, this is one of my “Future” projects. :slight_smile:
The idea is to use an Adafruit QT Py - SAMD21 Dev Board

with a Adafruit MCP2221A Breakout - General Purpose USB to GPIO ADC I2C

to provide a keyboard and mouse pass through to another computer.

I was going to combine that with an hdmi capture device and some coding to present everything as a VNC device so I could access it using standard vnc client software.

Of course , none of this exists yet except for me having the adafruit components and doing some initial tinkering.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your ideas.
I have a similar idea. One problem: most microcontrollers need a special OS-driver.
I will share my progess. Although it 's not the correct place. :wink:

1 Like

This is the right place for making things. It is not stackoverflow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, for making things 100% this makes sense.

That’s the part that can’t be done; you need hardware support for one side to be a target instead of a host. This is called On-The-Go (OTG) and is supported by lots of phones but not typically on a desktop computer USB port.

A cheap and easy way to do this with off-the-shelf USB hardware is probably two USB-ethernet adapters and a piece of ethernet. :smiling_face:

1 Like