E3D V6- is it worth buying the PT100 temp sensor vs the standard 100K?

E3D V6- is it worth buying the PT100 temp sensor vs the standard 100K? If I’m using a Azteeg X5-Mini V3, I assume I’d also have to buy the PT100 Amplifier board as well?

Worth the extra money or naa? If I end up buying it later the shipping will double the cost… So if it’s worth getting… Might as well do it up front.

[I’m just about to the end of my parts/ordering questions… I swear :slight_smile: ]

It’s probably only worth buying if you’re going to print above 300 degrees Celsius. If you can, try to get a stainless steel nozzle as well since some of the exotic filaments will eat through the standard brass nozzle.

The PT100 sensor is more rugged and can go above 300°C. You can go a very long ways with a standard thermistor though. I don’t think I’ve ever damaged a thermistor on an E3D yet.

Thanks guys, that answers my question… For now I’ll stick w/ the standard 100k. Do they normally ship w/ the fire-sleeve or do you buy that separate?

When I bought my hot-ends from E3D, the sleaving came with the units. You probably need to buy the sleaving if your ordering loose parts.

@Pieter_Swart noted! I’ll just ask Brandon before I order! :wink: