E3D Hotend mini-review  (more pictures to follow in the coming days.) This hotend is

E3D Hotend mini-review (more pictures to follow in the coming days.)

This hotend is amazing. If you have worn out a j-head, or are dealing with some other bulky hotend, make the switch. Even before calibrating PID values for the crazy powerful carteridge heater the thing heats up crazy fast (the j-head never took long, but this is just ridiculous.) I look forward to seeing if it ever wears out!

I had some issues dialing in my z-offset and temperature, but these stumbling blocks were my own fault. I’m going to try some more intricate prints (flexible bracelet, yoda, etc.) - and I’m going to print with the Nylon sample provided (as soon as I figure out what surface to print on / temperature.) For now, enjoy these pictures - a couple work related widgets (logo came out nicely, 2 layers tall, and a backup fan mount (still waiting for the solidworks files on this @Sanjay_Mortimer )

ABS, silver (JET from Amazon), at 220 C, default print speeds + a few mm/sec, 0.3mm layer height. Printed simultaneously. The picture of the filament I pulled out at one point during setup demonstrates the small transition zone and tight accuracy of the internal machining.

I’ve got mine built and almost ready to test. I just need wire it into the electronics and then figure out how to mount it onto my Mendel90.
Has anyone seen any good adapters for this? Hoping to get back to it this coming weekend.