During this carving, I ran into a small problem with a knot.

During this carving, I ran into a small problem with a knot. It blew out the whole face of the angel. I was going to try to chisel out a square and put a block in, but am going to try a mix of fine sawdust and glue first. I know I will lose the grain detail, but I wouldn’t have a perfect matching grain pattern anyhow with a block of wood. Guess I’ll see how it comes out in a few days.

That looks awesome otherwise.

Looks better than it did to me. After some sanding and a couple coats of oil, it should be okay. Figuring out which part of the g-code to use was the fun part. Only 447,000 lines of code for the finishing pass to choose from.

@becker_thorne Thanks.

@Hobby_Fab Thanks.

You did a great job there. I have something a little similar I am hoping to get going here soon.

9aa6ef36e1a089f68c36adc122c5aa65.jpeg

It’s amazing how quickly you are mastering 𝑅𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑓 carving. That looks amazing jack.

@becker_thorne Thank you. That should look great. Can’t wait to see how it comes out.

@Kelly_Burns I would have to give credit to @Hobby_Fab for an awesome machine, Vectric for awesome software, and all the talent of others sharing their tips, tricks and secrets.

A bit of tung oil and gold accents. Now I guess I have to fix the other little flaws on the other angel face. It is like 30 year old walnut though. Sure hope everyone is happy with their Christmas wood carvings this year!

@Hobby_Fab That’s very kind of you to say. I was, and still am seriously considering just calling it finished as is. I kinda like the little chips, splits and cracks in it. The piece of wood used for it actually does have some personal history to it.