Due to seeing only demonstration objects being printed at the hacker meet I'm currently

Also upgrading your current printer, sometimes a small change makes a world of difference.

.o0(I gave up on that aproach)

@Camerin_hahn Indeed! Self upgrading, self replicating. Ride the razer’s edge man!

the upgrades I want to print currently are paste extruder, the parts I want to print are for a larger printer. That is the part that I think is cool, most of the parts that you print for replicating are rather small, but when you add the spanners it is possible to make a large printer with a small one.

also currently I am using print services until my Makibox ships.

@Camerin_hahn my advise is to use air pressure and electronic soleniod valves and no stepper with a threaded rod on that paste extruder.

@matthew_bennett @Camerin_hahn -Completely agree. Being able to design and manufacture my own upgrades has been very rewarding (and sometimes frustrating).

@Tim_Rastall @Marcus_Wolschon I do realize that it doesn’t really answer the question though, the real question is “what useful things have you done with your printer, that you would have struggled with had you not had a printer” I do feel like much of what is printed could have been purchased and the person would have saved time… that being said, hobbies don’t have to be practical.