Hi there, it’s been a long time
My printer is still rocking but I’m looking for dual extrusion, triple maybe.
I read many things:
- MMU and Palette seems to work but waste a lot of material
- Single nozzle with multiple inputs looks an endless retraction tuning
- Fixed multi-nozzle have oozing problems and scratch the surface
- Selectable multi-nozzle (like taz pro: https://www.lulzbot.com/store/printers/lulzbot-taz-pro looking good but moving more weight XY.
- Tool changer, less moving weight, mechanical challenge
I’m tempted to go with the tool changer but I found this:
Something similar could be done on the eustathios. The weight is still there but only in Y.
I’m not interested in high speed prints, I prefer slower but nicer prints (usually 60-80mm/s).
Has anyone done something with dual extrusion which works and give consistent results ? Any recommendations ?