Dry moly lube spray on stainless....can't get it to come off with steel wool...lol

Dry moly lube spray on stainless…can’t get it to come off with steel wool…lol

WOW! :slight_smile:

Sweet!

So has all the black region in the background been lased as well? Or just the word Tracy? Looks very crisp on the writing.

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y …just the word tracy…this was my first test…the rest is just where I sprayed the whole sheet of stainless.

@Scott_Thorne Cool. I looked up this Moly Lube stuff & it seems that its MoS2 (Molybdenum Disulfide). Is this the active ingredient in the CRC Dry Moly? I can’t find that stuff here, but there are other brands/products that maybe are the same.

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y …yes it has to be molybdenum based.

@Scott_Thorne Cool, might have to get some & give it a go sometime. Would be interesting to test on cutlery.

I made some tests using the same stuff a while back. Try using acetone or alcohol to clean it after you engrave.

@Coherent …good tip bro…I’ll pick some acetone up today

I think what worked well for me was actually isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease. It’s been a bit and I tested a few things. Either one is also great for cleaning before you spray the moly on also and acetone evaporates fast.

What was the power level/speed?
I’ve been trying it on SS & Aluminum, but I find that it isn’t really bonded well – cleaning with a nylon brush removes it if you’re not careful.

I also tried chrome, but I expected that to not work…

@Thor_Johnson …50 speed…60%power