DONE! Pics, video and BOM coming soon!

DONE! Pics, video and BOM coming soon!
http://www.manmademayhem.com/?p=3382

Awesome work!
Now, had you to do over would you still have skavaged a K40 or start from scratch?

@donkjr
Hmm good question. Going into it blind as I did now I would have to say yes I’d do it again starting from a K40. Simply because it eliminates a huge deal of potential headache knowing that the actual technology that drives the machine has been lifted straight out of a working chassis. I fear the learning curve might have been overwhelmingly steep for a total noob like I was. Considering the same question WITH the knowledge I have since gathered, that would be another matter.

Someone asked me yesterday about doing the conversion, starting with separate parts instead of a K40. As it is now, this would be hard considering I also re-use small & impossible to find custom K40 hardware. I would like to revisit this one day and change the design so there’s no more need for a K40 as the basis. But for now I’m happy it is done to be honest, I’ve been working on it for 5 months. Time for something new.

Congratz dude, your machine is a total inspiration for all of us. I think some day i will try build one for me.

Thanks! Means a lot.