Does anyone know if the hexagon hotends will fit in the carriage without modification?

Does anyone know if the hexagon hotends will fit in the carriage without modification? (and any thoughts re hexagon vs e3d would be appreciated…)

Haven’t used the e3d, but the hexagon is plain out awesome. It’s very small and filament flows well.

It would not work for my carriage since it is shorter. But if there is a model out there for the hexagon I could adjust the carriage to fit. Another concern is if the bed can reach the nozzle if it is too short.

Ahh ok, I’ll take that into consideration when I look at it. Got a while before I really even need to think about hotends :wink: Thanks for the info…

I just thought are you referencing mounting it on HercuLien or Eustathios? I was thinking Eustathios. For HercuLien there should be no issue since there is Z travel to spare.

I’m planning a herculien, so I guess that makes the hexagon an option without too much major tinkering. I’m still waiting for a kickstarted printer to show up, but one of the parts I have is a hexagon so I can take some measurements and see how that lines up with the carriage model. One I get a working printer, I’ll fiddle with it and see how it goes in to the existing design.