Does anyone have plans on where you will move this group once G+ shuts

@Jerry_Hartmann if I ever decided not to host anymore, I would be more than happy to give the forum over to somebody else if they wish to take it on.

@Jerry_Hartmann where is this “k40 lasercutting” group hosted?
Edit: Nevermind, just figured out that Mewe wasn’t a typo for New :smiley: http://MeWe.com

@Jerry_Hartmann I don’t see a K40 Lasercutting group on MeWe.

MeWe looks good for social interaction, but it’s even worse than G+ for organizing information. Each group has a got a place to make posts and a seperate general chat section and that’s it.

@Jerry_Hartmann I cannot find a “k40 lasercutting” group on MeWe. In fact, just “K40” came up empty. Growing pains, I guess.

@HalfNormal Regsitered for EverythingLaser.com, got the success message, saying, “You have successfully created your account! To begin using this site you will need to activate your account via the email we have just sent to your address”, but no email yet. Over 10 minutes. I sent myself an email just to make sure my email is working. It is.

@SirGeekALot there’s a slight glitch in the spam bot controls that is causing an issue I’m working on it. I’m on the road and should be able to take care of you in a couple hours.

@SirGeekALot You are now activated. Sorry for the delay.

@Nedman @SirGeekALot fixed. Forgot to set to public

@HalfNormal to start …I want to add pictures to a post directly from my phone. I want to access the forum from an app on my phone, not a web site.

@Nedman that is exactly why I started the carefully controlled FB group. Is is only for Stubby lathe users which had that as a common interest. These are folks that payed a lot for a lathe shipped from Australia and are serious about wood turning with that specific equipment.
I think to some degree the difficulty in learning G+ is what got dedicated users here …

@donkjr the phone web version of my forum is close to looking like an app. You can actually post a photo from your phone in the site. I was able to access all files and even my Google photos from my phone.

I was caught in the glitch. Never got the email to verify.

@Martin_Dillon I do not see you pending. Please check again and let me know.

@Martin_Dillon I am showing you is activated.

@HalfNormal what mobile app are you referring to.

The website viewed on Google chrome for Android makes the forum look like an app. It is optimized for mobile.

@HalfNormal generaly the mobile site is better than most. I hit the site from my Android and tried to post pictures. The screen is not sized correctly and only partially visible. To add a picture I have to give it a source filename? It doesn’t open Google photos and show me thumbnails.

@donkjr If you look to the right of that file name box there is a folder that will open up folders on your phone

@HalfNormal I tried again. In the portrait mode the camera button you mentioned to the right is off the screen to the right. Rotating to the landscape mode I can get to the button but when the keyboard slides up it covers the editing screen and blocks what I am trying to do. I tried multiple times to add an image and could not because the editing window was hidden behind other dialogs and the keyboard. For some reason while on the site it would not let me take a screen shot.
Can I attach a video?
@HalfNormal my intention is to not to criticize you or this site. I know that you are trying to help.
Building a modern mobile experience with web site foundation rather than a local app is hard …I know.
My thirst for a mobile experience is that I create most of my content from the shop. G+ and its integration with my Blog and all other Google apps dramatically reduced my blogging overhead. Of course that ship is sailing …