Does anyone have experience using the laser engraving sheet from www.gravierbedarf.de ?

Does anyone have experience using the laser engraving sheet from http://www.gravierbedarf.de? I’m trying to fine tune the settings but the engrave comes our with jagged edges. I’m using a 300dpi bitmap from illustrator into laserweb. This had 3 or 4 passes, not sure if it’s better to try running high power and faster or low power and slower. IIRC this was about 6ma and 100mm/s

Slower always tended to be much better clarity & less jaggedness, but can’t say for this particular material.

Why don’t you use vector format (SVG or DXF)? This would make straight lines and is much quicker.

I think quicker should be better with this material, as it should not melt during engraving.

@cprezzi all the cuts are generated from an svg, I’ll try the whole thing as two svg files and see how I get on

This looks a lot like the stuff I use from Trotec laser, I engrave at 200mm/s, with the power set to about 10 o’clock, and the cut with one pass at 5mm/s at about 11 o’clock…as others have said using Vectors is key, I use illustrator Ai files imported into Coral Laser.

@Pigeon_FX Sorry I must’ve missed this reply. Thanks, that looks realyy good, is that using the standard TroLase product?