Does anyone have experience setting up Cura to slice for non-Ultimaker machines?

Does anyone have experience setting up Cura to slice for non-Ultimaker machines? I’ve tweaked the settings to match the slicing agent made for my printer but the first layer never sticks properly and the hot end gets clumped up plastic. Cura slices really fast and has a good visual interface so it’d be cool to get it working.

There’s not really much to it. Set it for reprap, check the expert settings and make sure your nozzle size, etc are all correct, and print. If you’re having problems with the first layer sticking, you likely need to adjust your Z axis, material, etc. I’ve used it on a Mendel lately and it worked great.

Cura was designed with Absolute extrusion distance. Your printer may be fine but my firmware is set to Relative extrusion distance and doesn’t work with the latest version of Cura.
Previous versions allowed you to tweak the skeinforge settings but the new engine doesn’t appear to have that option yet.

Are you guys running your bots with Cura?
Or are you slicing w/Cura and running bot w/RepG, PronterFace, or other program?

I only ever use Repetier Host to drive my printer.

Slicing with Cura, running with my manufacturers controller. Or off the SD card.

I noticed the guy behind Cura said people can contact him for help setting up a printer that he didn’t set it up for yet.