Does anybody know how to add a % complete message on a rerapdiscount lcd?

gplus
discussion
(nick durrett) #1

Does anybody know how to add a % complete message on a rerapdiscount lcd? I run Octoprint through a raspberry pi B+ and still have the rerapdiscount lcd hooked up. It would be nice to be able to see how much of the print has been completed on the LCD

(Rien Stouten) #2

run repetier firmware.

(nick durrett) #3

is it similar to Marlin? Ive never used it

(Rien Stouten) #4

In my opinion it’s even better. But let’s not start that war here. In Marlin I could never get my printer to behave. With Marlin my printer, wich is a bit on the heavy and big size, wouldn’t stop shaking like as a madman, no matter what I did. Marlin is a bit easier to configure though.

(nick durrett) #5

Ok thank you @Rien_Stouten ​. I may try repetier on my next build

(Gina Häußge) #6

@Rien_Stouten ​​ your answer is not really an answer to the question of @nick_durrett ​​ though. Whether he runs Marlin or Repetier, both will not be able to display completion percentage of a job streamed to the printer via USB. That’s like saying “Buy a Subaru” when someone asks how to pair his phone to his car’s stereo’s Bluetooth.

@nick_durrett ​​ look into the M117 command and http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/plugins/mixins.html#progressplugin - you’ll need a (very simple) plugin for that.

(Gina Häußge) #7