Does anybody know how to add a % complete message on a rerapdiscount lcd?

Does anybody know how to add a % complete message on a rerapdiscount lcd? I run Octoprint through a raspberry pi B+ and still have the rerapdiscount lcd hooked up. It would be nice to be able to see how much of the print has been completed on the LCD

run repetier firmware.

is it similar to Marlin? Ive never used it

In my opinion it’s even better. But let’s not start that war here. In Marlin I could never get my printer to behave. With Marlin my printer, wich is a bit on the heavy and big size, wouldn’t stop shaking like as a madman, no matter what I did. Marlin is a bit easier to configure though.

Ok thank you @Rien_Stouten ​. I may try repetier on my next build

@Rien_Stouten ​​ your answer is not really an answer to the question of @nick_durrett ​​ though. Whether he runs Marlin or Repetier, both will not be able to display completion percentage of a job streamed to the printer via USB. That’s like saying “Buy a Subaru” when someone asks how to pair his phone to his car’s stereo’s Bluetooth.

@nick_durrett ​​ look into the M117 command and http://docs.octoprint.org/en/master/plugins/mixins.html#progressplugin - you’ll need a (very simple) plugin for that.