DO you ever just scare yourself with your printer, and after thinking about it,

DO you ever just scare yourself with your printer, and after thinking about it, laugh about it?

Tonight I had a chance to get my parts cooling fan hooked up to be controlled by the smoothieboard/pwm. Everyone was telling me this would improve my pillowing problem. So I decided while I was doing the wiring to go ahead and install the smoothie into the enclosure I printed a couple weeks ago.

Seems simple until I went to print again. I also needed to print a new duct for the fan to keep it pointed towards the parts, as otherwise it cooled the extruder too much.

Well, a minute or so into the print, the Octoprint interface came up and told me I was having a T heater runaway, disconnect and reset, etc. Well, you know I did what I was told, and then went back through all my connections, tested every wire, and finally tried again, only to have the message reappear. Man, I was mad at myself for making any changes, so I went upstairs and watched some TV with my wife.

Now you get to laugh with me. I went back to the basement and spent some
time thinking through the process, and realize that the temp. change came after about 3-4 layers, LOL. The fan was turning on about then, and cooling down the extruder, while I was trying to print the duct to avoid that problem.LOL! Now I re-sliced the part WITHOUT the automated cooling and am printing away!

b2efaf4f869ebd79f5e7d72f480368be.png