Do you all find no issue using springs in the supports for your build

Do you all find no issue using springs in the supports for your build platforms?

I had a decent quality and reliability improvement after removing them from my Prusa I2, but I think the issue came from the springs bucking around at higher speeds since they were moving laterally with the Y carriage. Perhaps this doesn’t affect things at all when the build platform only moves slowly and rarely (compared to X and Y) in Z?

The springs should be on screws that are secured to the platform so that they stay straight (with a nut tight against the bottom of the platform). When people forget that step, the platform wobbles.

I think that’s what my original problem was, it was bolt-washer-platform-washer-spring-nut instead of bolt-washer-platform-washer-nut-washer-spring-nut

It should be no issue anyway on a vertical z bed like ingentis/eustathios unless the nozzle is dragging.

@Eclsnowman Or unless the machine is shaking or otherwise moving around, but your point is correct that this should be less of an issue on that type of machine than, one that moves the platform on the X and/or Y axis, such as the various Mendel variants.