Do someone have a rotary attachment and can test LW4 A axis feature with

Do someone have a rotary attachment and can test LW4 A axis feature with his/her machine?
Developer Team has no direct access to one to fine tune the theorics :slight_smile:

@Jim_Fong I’m looking at you! Well anyone is welcomed.

There’s no requisites, but testing on LPC1769 based board will be nice (GRBL-LPC and SmoothieWare)

Thanks in advance!

I am building one right now… I’ll test it as soon as I can, still need to print a part on my 3D printer!!!

Didn’t @Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty have a laser cut design for a rotary?

@raykholo ​ yes i have have but my laser tube is dead

Maybe it is something that the LW devs can make themselves for cheap?

this is the one i made https://plus.google.com/+ArielYahni/posts/bfYsLuUzd52

I’ve got one but have to cut the machine bottom to fit :sob:

My rotary is setup on my mill for a job right now…
To many projects and not enough time. Need to make a dedicated laser rotary.

Thanks anyway +@Jim_Fong ​

@Jorge_Robles Wished I could help, I am in the middle of a A axis build. All but one part (the critical one) on the bench ready to go and get it together. Chinese shipping is testing my patience tho.

One of these?

@Jorge_Robles nope, already got that bit. :stuck_out_tongue: I was waiting for a set of 12mm bearing blocks that I ordered at the same time as everything else. From the same part of the world but for some reason they havent arrived… if it takes much longer I may set it up on some 8mm pillow blocks (got them from another project.) for a start as I’m getting impatient :-/

I have a rotary all ready to go. Will try out the A xis this week.

Almost done

Cool!

Ok I have the rotary back in the laser. I noticed laserweb4 changed the configuration a bit. There is no “A Resolution” setting anymore so I assumed it is now using the config.txt A-axis setting. I changed that to match my rotary. It calculates output to be 195.55 steps per degree

Thanks for putting in A-axis jog buttons. Labels should be changed from mm to degrees. Jogging “360mm” does move the rotary one full revolution.

What does “segment” under rotary setup actually do.

What do you need me to test??

The “A diameter” setting doesn’t seem to calculate the path right. I use 25mm which is the diameter of the piece of wood I am engraving. The resultant gcode image is really elongated.

Laserweb4 4.0.734

Update

It doesn’t display right but the gcode generated is correct so far. The several vector images I tested today all cut fine on the rotary.

Just curious: How does LW4 know which axis to use for rotary? I cannot find any setting for it?

@Jim_Fong ​ could I ask to move the dev chat to https://github.com/LaserWeb/LaserWeb4/issues/304

Thank you so much!