Did I ever show you that work of mine?

Did I ever show you that work of mine?
A breathing & living creature defined by code.
From 2014. @1024 LEDs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWd9ZLNqw5w

Awesome patterns !! Would you mind sharing the code

Honestly: I don´t have the code anymore. I can explain in any detail what is happening, but the code is gone together with a complete harddisc.

Awesome organic look! Please do give us a description of how you achieved that look.

I don’t remember seeing that one. Really nice movement in there.

The structure comes from one noise layer. It fills half of the square. Diagonal. Modulated in x, y and z and streched along x and y. Every n ms it gets new parameters = different look and feel. Heavy data smothing over the noise data. At the sides of the triangle I let 3 rows free. It gets filled later. The triangle gets copied to the other side. Colormapping: An ever changing random palette with desaturated colors with black areas in between. Palette rotates constantly, too. Postprocessing: the Noise Smear filter (fractional shifting/adding in 2 independant dimensions) morphing all image data 3 rows to each side. Creates the blob effect. By this final step also softening of the output image which moves arround now smoothly. Color and gamma correction to match the led setup and increase contrast.

This was the next step then: