Curious if anyone here flipped the exhaust fan in the electrical compartment the other

Curious if anyone here flipped the exhaust fan in the electrical compartment the other way. Mine was sucking air from inside the machine and blowing it out the back. Since the cutting compartment is not really sealed off from the controller board and power supply, I figured it was dump to have two fans both fighting against eachother. So I turned mine around tonight so it blows air into the machine and the squirrel cage pulls it out.

So far it seems to be doing a better job of keeping the smoke/smell out of the room. Any thoughts or concerns from anyone?

makes sense to me, granted that the intake isn’t enough to push the smell out through the cracks before the squirrel cage can draw it out :slight_smile:

@Domm434 I was a little worried about that also, but the original vents on the right side of the case are still open…not to mention all the other small openings & cracks for the pressure to escape from. I did notice a slight draft from the controller area into the cutting area through a big hole (lighting on another model?). So that’s a good thing I guess.

I did this with mine and it worked out very well. The biggest thing I was worried about was sucking debris from The Cutting area into the electronics area. This made sure that that did not happen.

Done. Not much difference due to the power of the fan.

FYI that hole is so you can access the screws for the belt tensioner on the end of the gantry without removing the panel :slight_smile: