Couple of quick questions that i hope someone can assist me with.

Couple of quick questions that i hope someone can assist me with. Last night i finally got my first good cut by the process i had to go through seemed extra long.

When i jogged to where i wanted the cut to start and clicked on the set G54 to zero nothing would happen. The only way i could seem to get the G54 to zero out was to clear my browser cache. (Chrome on windows 10) Once that has been reset it seems that it will work for a while and then when i do something like a reset of the TinyG it will loose where it is and the only way i can then get the G54 to go back to zero is to clear all the browser cache again…

The 2nd thing and it may be related to the above. But using the touch plate is the following the correct workflow.

Install my new tool.
Run the touch plate until it finds where it is.
Then jog to what i want my work height to be then do a G54 Zero on the Z axis then run the gCode for the cut.

Sorry so wordy.

I can’t comment on you cache issue.
A hard reset of tinyG resets G53 zero to the current location, with G54 offset from G53 by your setup parameters, which are typically (0,0,0).
Or, perhaps more clearly, reseting tinyG will reset zero to current location of the machine.

Hi Carl. Yep that is what i thought but doing a hard reset (including a power cycle) dosnt seem to reset it in the browser for me. It seems like it is chrome that is not allowing it to reset.

You might try these practices. They really helped CP work better for me.

https://plus.google.com/115055604013505264413/posts/gTi3cmvfCVz

Ok so what i have seen is the following in the web page. I have connected from a machine running Chrome on Windows 10.

What i did was Home Mch (Using Limit Switch’s) Then move X by 10 then clicked on Set G54 Zero then goto G54 Zero

Serial Port Console output.
G28.2 X0 Y0 Z0
G91 G0 X10
G90
G91 G0 X10
G90
G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0
G0 X0 Y0 Z0

When i get a working G54 Zero the following in Serial port console.
G53 (Reminder: G53 is not modal.)
(It does not remain in effect past)
(the line on which it appears.)
G28.2 X0 Y0 Z0
G91 G0 X10
G90
G10 L2 P1 X10 Y0 Z0

So it seems ChiliPeppr is not setting the x y and z

If you mean after the G10 L2 P1 X10 Y0 Z0 line it’s not setting the xyz, that is not ChiliPeppr but your TinyG doing that because ChiliPeppr only shows xyz updates when it gets a status report back from TinyG. If no status report is coming back for you after the G10 command it’s a Tinyg bug. Just manually ask for one by typing {“sr”:""} in the serial port console and see if you get the correct xyz value then. If you do please ask the TinyG guys to fix the bug.

Hi John. When it is not working then even though the location may be x20 i see in the serial port that G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 is what is displayed. So that is what the top bit of code show. So the X was at 10 but when i hit Set G54 it only shows in the console as X0 Y0 Z0. I can try to get a screen capture if you would like.

Sure. What are you saying the G10 line should say? Are you saying it should say G10 L2 P1 X20? Screenshots always help.

Hi John yes you are correct. It should say x20 but it only puts in x0. I will try to get screen shot in a few minutes.

That would be a ChiliPeppr bug then. Do you perhaps know Javascript? Any way you could look at the code? I bet it’s something simple to fix.