Considering a lot of people are starting to use magnetic ball joints and welding

@Phillip_Katete I think I understand what you mean now…maybe. The ball does not sit inside a housing, instead 1 (or 2 if you want to use a platform with only 3 pivot points instead of the traditional 6) magnet will attach to the ball.

The balls in the pic are 15mm diameter. The way I envisioned to assemble them would be that the balls mount onto the carriage/platform and the arm(s) have the magnets attached to them at the ends. But then again, there are a variety of ways to set this configuration up. You could have the balls attached to the arms and magnets on the carriage/platform instead.

15mm internal aluminum diameter isn’t necessary for the arms, it could be anything.

Once the arm samples are done, I will post pictures on how all this (our configuration) will come together.

Yes, you get what I mean AND I now also get why you never mentioned the housing in the first place (i.e mounting the balls on the carriage).
With your assembly, all is good to go and no need for any kind of housing! So the question is, do you have these things in hand and what is your price?

@Phillip_Katete We have just a few samples for now. Trying to see if there’s a demand for this before placing large order with our manufacturer.

I posted the joints a few weeks ago on this group as well (if I remember right). The joints that house the magnet will be made out of brass with a connection so people can make their own length arms.

Correction: The balls in the pic are 10mm diameter, not 15mm.

I’d buy 24 straight up. Possibly more later.

@Carlton_Dodd @Doug_Rector @Henry_Wooldridge @Anthony_White @Phillip_Katete @Paul_Chase

We now have it available on our site for backorder. We will start manufacturing them in a few days and will have them in stock soon.

Here is the link: http://deltaprintr.com/shop/hardware/10mm-diameter-steel-balls/