Chillipeppr/TingG destroyed my will to live today. Ideally I would never need Pause/stop/freehold/flush.

Chillipeppr/TingG destroyed my will to live today. Ideally I would never need Pause/stop/freehold/flush. I am having a really hard time not having the TinyG do random things after using any of these operations. Stop seems to be the biggest offender. It sometimes starts at line zero and sometimes starts elsewhere. Is there documentation for the expected behavior when I use these commands? Also, the preset numbers in the move commands are really useful but is it possible to attach unites to them? Ideally I want a command that says:

Save units mode
Move 112.4mm
Restore units mode

Just venting after watching my cutter run through 6hr of parts after I stopped a program, returned to G54 zero and restarted it.

I feel bad on the 6 hour job. Screenshots help so we can see all your version numbers like firmware on tinyg to help debug. I don’t recall having issues with stop. I do recall having some position lost like 0.1mm on lots of feedhold resumes. Are you using wcs?

I am using firmware .97. I home and then set W54 as my workspace. The last problem was I hit stop, sent the machine to w54 zero and then started the same file over again. It ran the cutter straight through the parts. I can’t sort out why.

Here’s a guess without knowing much more about your situation. When you hit stop, do you just mean stop in the Gcode widget? If so, that doesn’t stop your TinyG. That just stops sending Gcode. You need to use feedhold and queue flush in the TinyG widget to truly control your TinyG and wipe out everything in the queue and planner buffer before you go and manually jog or go to home.

@jlauer That explains a lot! I had thought pause did not flush and stop flushed and reset the line to zero. Thank you!