Checksum problems...

Hi!

I tried to use your code, but I have problems. It seems as if some of your checkusm-s :smiley: are incorrect…
laser_module_enable should be 35529 instead of 42111 and
uart0.baud_rate == 33990 instead of 10922.
Actually 10922 is the checksum of baud_rate.

Is there anyone who succeded to port the project back to the online compiler? Why did you need to compile the project offline? mbed library has built in interrupt and ticker handling stuff…

Imported from wikidot

Hi !

You should use the edge branch on github instead of master. master is quite old.
https://github.com/arthurwolf/Smoothie/tree/edge

That should fix that kind of problem.

Is there anyone who succeded to port the project back to the online compiler?

Not that I know of, and I would recommend against it.

Why did you need to compile the project offline?

This is an opensource project, it would be very complicated to rely on a closed, proprietary online compiler.

mbed library has built in interrupt and ticker handling stuff…

The mbed libs are closed-source too.
They helped prototyping in the very beginning, be now we use very little from them, and soon we will not use anything from them.

The timer stuff in those libs is also very buggy, and not adapted to what Smoothie does.

Please tell us if you get better results with the edge branch.

Cheers !

I don’t know what I am doing wrong.
I use the edge now.
Edge branch compiles, downloading works, but I get no communication with the MBED.
Nothing.
Not even the greeting message. Still default baud rate 9600 ?

Are you using the bootloader for flashing ?
If you are using a mbed board, and the default mbed upload method, you have to make a small modification to the .ld file.

Help at the bottom of this page : http://smoothieware.org/flashing-the-bootloader

Thanks!
That made the trick!
Pretty long booting time…
So the skeleton works… Now i only need to understand all your ticker stuff…
Is there any updated description of your code? (ADC, temperature, extruder, laser etc…)

There are some comments in the code itself.

If you need any help about anything specific, you can ask here or on IRC. I can help you, and so can many others now.

Also:
default_seek_rate == 47357 //not 6633
default_feed_rate == 6633 //not 47357