Cheap Bluetooth stereo for projects

I was looking for a bluetooth amp for a project I am working on. I then started wondering if one of the cheap bluetooth stereos for $20 that I see at Walmart would fit the bill. Well I have some Amazon credits available so I was checking to see if they carried something similar. I actually found one for $13.00 with prime shipping! Is it any good? Yes! Here is a link to a video of a car stereo enthusiast putting it through it paces and his opinion. It is now about $13.00 too on Walmart.com.

1 Like

My stereo system in my youth was a car stereo and 12V power supply. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep, did that also. Ended up adding in a portable CD player and a cheap radio shack amp.

Very cool but what would I do with it…mmmm

1 Like

Thanks to YOU I have a lot of cool and interesting stuff that I still do not know what to do with!

2 Likes

Well I fired it up yesterday and used it to play music from Pandora. I turned it off and received a phone call but could not hear the person on the other end. I realized it was still connected to the stereo so I went into the garage and had a conversation using the unit.

2 Likes

I looked on both Amazon and Walmart for the model (Toronto TRT1049) in the video and on both sites it’s currently $20.

Supply and demand! I am sure the price will go back down in a few weeks. From some of the research I saw, it’s also made under other brand names and model numbers.

1 Like

Yeah and it’s a total bummer because i didn’t want to pay more than $10 for the components.

I’m not really objecting to the price, as $20 is still way cheap for what you get.

I get it. But it was obtainable for half the price days ago.

1 Like

A quick search of ebay came up with these stereos that ship from the USA for around $15.00 but I have not used them so I cannot vouch for the quality. If you are willing to wait for awhile, there are some available from China and Hong Kong for around $10.00

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=bluetooth+car+stereo&_sacat=0&_sop=15&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

1 Like

Could not pass up this deal for $9.99 even though I do not know what I am going to do with it!

2 Likes

Well, after a lot of thought, I realized that I have a RPI zero W that I could use to make an internet radio streaming jukebox with the above stereo!

2 Likes

That sounds like a good project. Please share if you get it going.