Can you cut 3/8" ( edit correction,

cool

$11.00

@JamieR Amazon links show up like that all the time; I’m not sure if it is google or amazon causing it.

I’m getting ready to do a much larger monogram name plaque using 1/2" oak. Oak engraves so nice and dark, I love it! This piece dwarfs my other one!

Going for round 2! Since it’s half inch thick, I can go deeper and want the lettering and details to really stand out. This is 15mA at 200mm/s with the 38.1. that lens really likes to dig. Water temp at 14.5c. Line interval is set to 0.050mm.

It’s finished, but it took several passes. Cutting shapes is somewhat more difficult than cutting strait against the grain. It was with the grain I’m having problems. Left is 1/4" 15mA, 4mm/s one pass. Right is 1/2", 15mA, 4mm/s several passes.

I put the nozzle back on my LightObjects lens holder and I’m happy with it now because it’s a little closer to the material and my oversized fish pump is working quite well with it.

@JamieR That’s really freaking good work, BTW.

I did another test cut with the LO nozzle on and was able to cut a pattern in 1/2" solid oak, 15mA 3mm/s in 2 passes. So the x problem was the line. I’m impressed with how well it’s working, no flaming! When I cut the 1/2", I did reduce cutting distance significantly and that seemed to help a lot.

ciao mi sai dire che cinghia monta la laser k40 ?

I know this old, but MXL.