Can someone post pictures of the way they wired the tiny g limit switches,

Can someone post pictures of the way they wired the tiny g limit switches, I am confused about the way it is wired. Any help would be great!

Do you want help with the wiring part, or the mounting part?

As far as wiring goes:
With a “microswitch” with Normally Open (NO) or Normally Closed (NC) connectors, NC is the safest. If you’re just using a “contact switch” then it’s NO.

For NC, you want the NC connector going to GND on the TinyG, and the Signal connector going to the correct limit connection (such as X-Min).

For NO, you want the NO connector going to GND on the TinyG, and the Signal connector going to the correct limit connector (such as X-Min).

Then you need to configure the TinyG for the correct switch style. On TinyG you (currently) set all the switches to the same type. See this page: https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki/Homing-and-Limits-Setup-and-Troubleshooting

Kurt
What type of switch? NO/NC, Active/Passive ?
Active might be Hall effect or Optical(or, or)
tinyGv8 (or 7) or G2 on a DUE?

Rob - Are you sure? The tinyG input port is pulled high(2.6Kohms) on the pcb. Wiring the switch to 3.3V will just pull it high a little harder when the switch closes.

@cmcgrath5035 You are correct, I’ll edit my post now. D’oh!

They are NC/NO micro switches that i will wire as NC switches , So on the control board one side of the switch will go to ground and the other side of the switch will go to whatever switch it is on the Machine /min/mix . is this correct ?

Correct,
Suggest use shielded 2wire cable, ground shield drain wire at tinyG end only. 24 ga or 26 ga OK.

I have wired it with cat5 cable so far , it is shielded and should be just fine for the voltage it will be caring .

Shielding is more so for electrical noise isolation vs worry about voltage. With NC switches noise should be less of an issue. Just lookout of “weirdness” if your switches start firing without being pressed this can be a noise issue. However like I said this should be less of an issue with your setup.

Here is a little work I did tonight

Kurt missed the url /pics?

sorry trying to get it on here