Can anybody help with LW settings on a pc for a cnc machine please?

Can anybody help with LW settings on a pc for a cnc machine please? I am helping a friend and trying to teach him LW or what little I know but we can’t seem to get it to run jobs. I can create the gcode with LW on my mac and that works but not from pc.

He has a mach3 board but as it’s working for me I can’t see that as being the problem, I’m thinking its to do with the initial setup of the machine in LW but all things seems to match my mac settings.

Any thoughts would be great.

I believe that lw does not support mach3

No it doesn’t I know that, but I have been using it to create test jobs and loading the gcode in to mach3 to run the job, I can do it with my mac but the Laserweb that is installed on his windows machine can not create the same job gcode so I must have a setting missing or wrong.

The setting names etc are different from pc to mac. I am trying to convince him that Smoothie or Grbl but he needs to know the machine is working correctly first.

Wouldn’t it be easyer to generate the gcode with a CAM like CamBam or EstlCam?

@cprezzi it probably would but I really don’t know anything about CNC routers. I’ve muddled my way through working out the settings within laserWeb and the friend I’m trying to help bought this machine on a whim for something to do in retirement. My only experience with laserWeb is my k40 and that’s on my Mac .

Is there a way to copy a profile from my installation to his?

I have also told him it’s probably time for him to learn the Mach3 software and lazycam that comes with it.

Yes, you can export and import profile settings in settings/tools.

@cprezzi thank you, I didn’t think to look in tools. I’m guessing they wouldn’t be compatible between Mac and PC though.

They should be compatible as the content is only LW4 specific, not OS specific.