been trying to figure out the z stage of this build mainly the lead

been trying to figure out the z stage of this build mainly the lead screw which isnt realyl mentioned. but is mentioned as Z Nema 17

that makes me assume its a motor like this

however i also dont see a mention as to the length of the lead needed

any help is appreciated.

Yes, from what Alex has told me it is indeed a motor with integrated leadscrew, and it has a POM nut as pictured there.
While I do not know his design exactly, I would not advise the *8 lead ( pitch) and would advise *2 for a z axis application, this is what I do in the printers I build.

hmmm the more and more i price out this printer. the more and more its getting expensive XD i already have the electronics from a previous printer but damn the frame and everything is expensive!
but when is it not :stuck_out_tongue:

this printer is definately a better looking and more sturdy variant

I am surprised I skipped over this…but lead does not always = pitch. It depends on how many starts. Lead screws are usually 4 start which means a leads crew with a lead of 8 has a pitch of 2

Not saying you are wrong. I just couldn’t get past the part where you said lead is pitch

Lead = pitch x starts

@Jim_Stone how much are you looking to spend, I purchased the frame and all parts but never got time to building the printer and have it all boxed away and willing to sell at a good prince

@Amit_Patel currently I don’t have much. As I usually do this in parts

I also live in canada so shipping would be a killer.

So far the way I have it parted out it will cost me 400cad and that’s with all conversions and shipping from the various places. I’m only missing the cost on the probe in my calculation as well as the control board (I already have a few and some brand new too)

@Amit_Patel but we can always still talk more in Google hangouts of course.

@Jim_Stone Yupp, I was aware of the difference. Was just trying not to confuse, but I’m glad it didn’t cause more trouble.
In the case of the particular geometry I was recommending it’s 2 pitch 1 start, so the lead would have still been 2.